Monday, February 1, 2010

A Bird in the Hand

I have to say, while I'm not exactly fine with Rex's not-so rexy gesture, I'm not so sure it's as offensive as some in the national media or the National Football League would lead us to believe. I mean, I doubt very much Rex offended the sensibilities of people in attendance at an MMA match in Florida. These are the same people, after all, who paid top dollar to watch a former Heisman Trophy winner beat the crap out of some dude. The group at the wrong end of Rex's fat finger probably enjoyed the gesture. I feel I'm qualified to judge. I once passed Glen Sather in a crowded corridor of Madison Square Garden after a particularly brutal Rangers loss. I told him to fire then-head coach Tom Renney. He responded, "Shut up, you asshole." It's the give-and-take of professional sports I enjoy the most. 

BEN:
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

--John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment