Monday, January 11, 2010

Oy

Well, I'll just go ahead and get it out of the way. That was as bad a wild card weekend as I could possibly have. The Patriots went down in flames. They've only lost a handful of games that convincingly since Belichick took over; and never a playoff game. It will be a very interesting offseason, with so many wounds to be dressed, and multiple key players with contracts to negotiate. But we can look at that another time.

Meanwhile, the Jets won decisively, I went 0 for 4 in my picks, and the remaining AFC teams, one of whom will be in the Super Bowl, are all Patriots rivals. It's a sad day for Boston fans when the Colts look like the good guys. If I have to pick a team I'm rooting for, I suppose it's the Saints (though based on my picks they shouldn't be happy about it.)

Maybe we'll get 'em next year. Six weeks 'till pitchers and catchers report.

MILES:

I have to admit, that was fun to watch. Brady's either got three cracked vertebrae or he doesn't trust anyone other than Welker. I guess it doesn't help matters when you got 250-pounds of nasty knocking you around the yard all day.

As for the Jets, I'm very much excited about next week's game. I have no idea if they can win in San Diego, but I expect it to be a competitive game, especially since the Bolts went a surprising 2-2 against playoff teams. And while they were a healthy 6-2 at home overall, they only won one of those games by more than 10 points, crushing Kansas City by 29. They also seem to have problems against the run, which should give Gang Green an early advantage. Whether or not they can capitalize on it is another story. Whether or not the can contain San Diego's prolific passing game will be the story of the game. Still, I'm surprisingly confident. I can't wait. Should be a good one, as should all the other games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment