Monday, January 4, 2010

Cock and Bull

We'll get to the NFL playoffs soon enough, but in deference to Wes Welker's unfortunate injury and the Jets' slightly uninspiring postseason qualification, I thought I'd turn the blog's attention to the suddenly surging Knicks. Once left for dead, my Knickerbockers have won 10 of their last 15. What's more, they currently sit one game out of the 8th--and final-- playoff spot, which would likely put them in line to face [Ed. Note: "lose to"] the Celtics in the first round.

That's a long way away, though, and I harbor higher aspirations for my team, who, believe it or not, are only 2.5 games behind the Toronto Raptors for the 6th spot, and 3.5 games behind the Miami Heat, the Eastern Conference's current 5th seed. I'm surprisingly optimistic, especially after last night's 43-point destruction of the admittedly depleted and exhausted Indiana Pacers, a game that saw Danilo Gallinari do this to former Georgetown Hoya Roy Hibbert.



Nella sua faccia!

As of this morning, Gallinari is averaging a hard 14.6 points per game. Which, of course, means our bet probably won't be decided until April, at the earliest, hopefully when the Knicks are still in the playoff hunt. Until then, I'm more than happy to enjoy watching my team play again. It's been a very long time coming.

BEN:

Yeah, they're surging. And I have no idea what to make of Nate-Rob and his 41-point outburst. Is he really a changed man? I am not close enough to the facts to make a judgment.

It is good to see that Dano is continuing the Knick tradition of being big and effective without ever looking graceful. Somewhere, Ewing, Mason, and Willis Reed's knee are giddy with excitement.

MILES:

And somewhere Bernard King's knees weep with what could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment