Friday, April 9, 2010

Yankees I Hate: An Original Series

Spring has come to New York. The cherry blossoms are in bloom, the line at the Shake Shack is filling up the webcam. Etc. And, like every year, I am really annoyed at the Yankees just for existing.

In these times we live in, hating a team can be just as confusing as rooting for one. Players come and go, occasionally from good to evil (and sometimes to irrelevant), but the fact that the Yankees are the bad guys remains, in my world, an inarguable fact.

With the new season underway, I think it's important that we Red Sox people get our ducks in a row. Just who are the worst Yankees, and who are the best (or least bad)? How does one explain the subtle differences that make Bernie Williams an ok guy but Paul O'Neill unbearable to look at?

These are the essential questions of being a fan.

So, over the next few weeks, You're Wrong About Everything will be ranking the Yankees from least hated to most, starting today. I will try to keep the gloves up, because I know Miles will be badgering me about the awfulness of Jason Varitek.

Stay tuned for the unveiling of the least-hated Yankee of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment