Tuesday, September 8, 2009

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! Oh, Who Am I Kidding?

Unlike Ben, I have no idea whether or not the Richard Seymour trade will benefit the Patriots in 18 months. It seems to me that Tom Brady, QB 1.5 at the University of Michigan, is still the straw that stirs that drink. I don't know, though. Around my house, football usually doesn't really start until after the World Series. These things happen, usually because the Yankees are in contention almost every year, and I just love baseball. Oh, and the Jets, my de facto football team, are pretty goddamn awful. Seriously, before the Jets drafted former USC quarterback John David Booty, I mean, Mark Sanchez, the face of the franchise was a toss up between Wayne Chrebet and Fireman Ed. A truly sad state of affairs. I concede the point: the Jets aren't even in the same league as the Patriots. That other New York are football team, though, is a different story altogether. Best case scenario, the Jets, under new coach Rex Ryan, the anti-Mangini, might be able to reach a respectable 5-3 by the end of the World Series, right around the time I'll start paying attention. Until then, though, I'm focused almost exclusively on the Yankees and their widening gap in the American League East, the first step in the pursuit of the organization's 27th championship.

BEN:

I am not aware of any events that took place in the 2007-08 Super Bowl.

Let the record show that the organization's first steps in pursuit of a 27th championship were the signings of Jason Giambi and Mike Mussina. How many steps have occurred since then is a matter for discussion, but it sure isn't 1.

MILES:

Maybe the Quest for 27 is more of a 12-step program, although I'm still waiting on Cashman to make amends for Bubba Crosby. Next step is probably more accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment