Thursday, September 17, 2009

Idle Thoughts

For the past few weeks, while the Yankees have been racking up win after win after win, I’ve felt a bit on the sidelines, like I’m missing out on the excitement of a pennant race. But this feeling of exclusion, however brief, isn’t at all like last year, when the only meaningful event left in the Yankees’ first season in 12 years sans playoff was the shuttering off the old stadium and the distant promise of the Hot Stove. (You know it’s a disappointing season when the highlight was a valedictory speech).

No, this year I feel like I’m just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the real fun to start. The rest of the 2009 regular season is, by now, entirely perfunctory, about as exciting or meaningful as combing your hair. Nothing is getting me going. Not Pettitte’s tired arm. Not the BRAWL! Not A.J. Not even the Sox’s umpire-abetted winning streak.

Instead, I’ve had to get by on silly things like the following clip, which is sure to strike a chord with Yankee and Red Sox fans alike.



(Via Via)

No comments:

Post a Comment