Thursday, October 1, 2009

Meh


Hockey season is officially underway. You're Wrong About Everything is your one-stop shop for sports commentary that has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Anyone here care about the Rangers? I hereby concede whatever it is you're looking for me to concede.

MILES:
I'm going to the Rangers home opener, and I am somewhat excited about their new addition. And their goalie, the Scandinavian Don Draper. The Bruins, though, are the early favorites to win their division and, quite possibly, the Eastern Conference. I like Pittsburgh to repeat, provided, of course, the National Hockey League doesn't fold before June. 

Still, I think if we're going to write about hockey, however sporadically, we should probably include photos of an American hockey team. Isn't that a shot of the Kontinental Hockey League, Jaromir Jagr's new stomping ground?


BEN:

I just googled "hockey who cares?" and posted the first image that came up. There were a surprising number of choices, actually.

MILES:

I have to say, I had a blast Saturday night at the Rangers game. A friend has season tickets, but this year he downgraded the seats from 8 rows behind the net to the 400s, the ninth floor of the Garden, where all the women have mullets, smoking is not discouraged and the roof leaks. It's like Thunderdome up there, and I love it. I might just have to follow the Rangers this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment